Photography & Tech Slang Words

source: Learn English with Let's Talk      2015年7月29日
Visit our channel :

# Selfie - is a self picture typically taken with a digital camera or the camera phone held at arm’s length or by pointing it at a mirror. Selfie’s are often shared on social networking sites.
# Groupie – Groupie is pretty much like a Selfie picture when two or more people pose and a picture is taken by one member of the group by extending the arm to capture all the members of the group in the picture.
# Belfie – A Selfie picture of a person’s buttocks
# Photobomb – When someone drops or hops in a picture unexpectedly right before it is taken and tends to spoil the picture it means that person photobombed the picture or that person is called a photobomber.
# Shutterbug (American Slang)
Shutter nutter (British Slang) – A term used for a photographer who eats drinks and sleeps photography. It means that the only thing the photographer does is shoots and clicks anything and everything all day long.
# Uncle Bob – It is a term used by the wedding photographers to describe a relative with a camera who tends to get in the way of the hired photographers.
# Paparazzi – Paparazzi are the photographers who take picture of the celebrities usually when they are living their routine lives. They take an advantage of any opportunity and invade their personal space.
# Phablet - A phablet is a class of mobile device designed to combine or straddle the form of a smartphone and tablet
# Pap – To take photography of a celebrity without their permission.
# Blower - Slang word for a telephone
# Hot spot - A hotspot is a physical location that offers Internet access over a wireless local area network (WLAN) through the use of a router connected to a link to an Internet connection.